A/W campaigns take us back to reality

Friday, August 14, 2015

  Miu Miu
Moschino
Chloe
Gucci

Long gone are the days where we flick through the latest issue of Vogue and shed a tear (it's hayfever i swear...) at how far apart our lives seem from those within the ad campaigns.

When the latest issue of Vogue landed on my door step last week,  (shout out to my Dad for paying for my Vogue subscription, I am eternally grateful) I eagerly studied the initial pages of the magazine, adorned with clothes, shoes and accessories that I long to own. But being a student with my Dad paying for my magazines, it is like looking through a key hole to another sparkling, glittery fashion wonderland. Only this time the ads seemed a little removed from said wonderland. 

As I was turning through ad campaign after ad campaign, I realised that they seemed a little more 'normal' and 'relatable' then usual. Unfortunately this wasn't because I had turned in to a rich fashion goddess overnight, but simply because the settings for these campaigns were in PUBLIC .. Shock!!!   

As seen above, the latest Miu Miu campaign is set at a bus stop?! In saying this, the scene at this bus stop is a little more high brow and I don't see the drunk guy eating a loaf of bread anywhere in this image (yes that is something I have seen at a bus stop before), but it is still far removed from the lavish scenes we are used to admiring.

With this in mind, do you feel that this new take on the ad campaign is making fashion appear more accessible to the consumer?

Lets face it, if you were wearing a £6000 Miu Miu snakeskin leather coat, you wouldn't be sat waiting to catch the Number 5 bus would you?

Amy 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest on Twitter

Latest on Instagram